- If you have ever wanted to try making Pysanky, the Ukrainian egg paintings with dyes and wax, then please come to the art room on today and join the Russian Club as we create Pysanky with two hand-blown eggs each that you will need to bring in and the rest of the supplies will be provided. We have invited the visiting German exchange students and their hosts as well, so please feel free to come and join us for Pysanky and karavai, the Russian sweet cake for welcoming new friends and family.
- Mustangs! It’s the final day of the food drive and you can still bring donations to your 3rd hour class! Currently, Ms. Portie’s class is in first place, Ms. Armstrong’s in second, and Ms. Thornton’s is in 3rd place!
- PROM – Guest passes are due Monday, no exceptions. Must pay your fee and fine before buying a ticket. Tickets are $50.
- The Talen Show is tonight at 7 pm in the auditorium. It’s $5 for admission. Come support your friends.
- NHS has a meeting today at lunch in room 4. All meetings are mandatory. Please see an advisor or officer if you cannot be there.
- On Wed. April 11th after school there will be a Stanford Grad Student Skype presentation in room 63 from 2:15-3:15. Patrick Goodridge, grad student at Stanford, will share the following presentation via Skype entitled: Career, Language, and Life. If you are interested in Stanford and/or post graduation possibilities including language studies, travel, exchange , teaching English as a second language abroad, international journalism, and/or international internships and research projects, please come and join us.
- Submit photos of you and your friends from throughout the school year to: email@example.com for the Step Down Assembly. Be sure to include your name and grade when submitting your photos! All photos are due by Friday, April 20th.
- Want to make a difference at Chugiak High? Chugiak Student Government applications are now available next to the Student Body Board at the top of the ramp. We are looking for responsible students who are outgoing and creative. You will have the opportunity to build school spirit through various events, such as Homecoming, WACKO, and assemblies. Student Government also provides you with a platform have your voice heard. If you have questions about the responsibilities of any Student Government position, please see one of your class officers or Mrs. Portie in Room 181. PLEASE NOTE: Per Chugiak High’s Student Government Constitution, all students running for either an officer or members-at-large position must hold, and maintain, a 3.0 weighted GPA!!