- Congratulations to Ms. Portie’s 3rd hour class! They earned the most points with donations and have won the doughnut prize.
- PROM – Guest Passes are due today by 2:15. Please turn in passes to the Activities Office.
- On Wed. April 11th after school there will be a Stanford Grad Student Skype presentation in room 63 from 2:15-3:15. Patrick Goodridge, grad student at Stanford, will share the following presentation via Skype entitled: Career, Language, and Life. If you are interested in Stanford and/or post graduation possibilities including language studies, travel, exchange , teaching English as a second language abroad, international journalism, and/or international internships and research projects, please come and join us.
- Sophomores and Juniors – The Gifted Mentorship Coordinator will be in the library at lunch on Wednesday, April 11th. Applications are being accepted for the 2018/19 school year and the deadline to apply is April 27th, stop by for more information. Mentorships are available in Engineering, Nursing, Economics, Architecture, Physics and more!
- Submit photos of you and your friends from throughout the school year to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the Step Down Assembly. Be sure to include your name and grade when submitting your photos! All photos are due by Friday, April 20th.
- Please join Chugiak and Eagle River High Schools as they sponsor the First Annual Out of the Darkness Walk, on Saturday, April 21, in Eagle River. The walk is sponsored by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and promotes awareness of depression, suicide and helps find resources for those in need. See the posters around the building and sign-up or see attached flier. Chugiak High School’s contact is Claire Torbensen-Armstrong, at email@example.com
- Time to start bringing in artwork for the show. We would love to have more entries. See Mrs. LaRue in the Library.
- Want to make a difference at Chugiak High? Chugiak Student Government applications are now available next to the Student Body Board at the top of the ramp. We are looking for responsible students who are outgoing and creative. You will have the opportunity to build school spirit through various events, such as Homecoming, WACKO, and assemblies. Student Government also provides you with a platform have your voice heard. If you have questions about the responsibilities of any Student Government position, please see one of your class officers or Mrs. Portie in Room 181. PLEASE NOTE: Per Chugiak High’s Student Government Constitution, all students running for either an officer or members-at-large position must hold, and maintain, a 3.0 weighted GPA!!