- All are invited to the CHS Art Extravaganza reception today from 2-4 in the Library. The show will be open until May 1.
- Did you know 90% of Anchorage teens buckle up? Unfortunately only 80% of CHS students do. Currently, Eagle River High School is beating us by 6%! This week, the Freshmen Student Government Class is going to be handing out a variety of prizes at lunch in the parking lot to students who buckle up. Lets promote safe driving together. Go Mustangs!
- Tomorrow at lunch the World Language Professional Learning Community is sponsoring the D-Lab presentation in the ROTC room at lunch. If you have interest in becoming a linguist at DLI or the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California then this is a good presentation for you. Preparation for government and military jobs with strong world language skills are advanced at DLI and in order to get into the program the D-Lab test or made up language test must be passed. Come and get some pointers for being successful at this entrance exam and see how many opportunities it might open up for you in a variety of careers.
- Hey Chugiak High. Tonight is the night you have all been waiting for! Some of the best athletes in the school will be on stage to compete for the Mr/Ms Chugiak bodybuilding contest! Don’t miss the excitement! Auditorium doors open at 6:30, and the competition starts at 7:00. Cost is $5 at the door, and proceeds go toward buying equipment for the weight room. See you there!
- Seniors: Are you looking for scholarship money? A committee is coming tomorrow to review portfolios. If you would like to be considered, please turn your portfolio in to Mrs. Moffett today by 2:30.
- Submit photos of you and your friends from throughout the school year to: email@example.com for the Step Down Assembly. Be sure to include your name and grade when submitting your photos! All photos are due by Friday, April 20th.
- Please join Chugiak and Eagle River High Schools as they sponsor the First Annual Out of the Darkness Walk, on Saturday, April 21, in Eagle River. The walk is sponsored by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and promotes awareness of depression, suicide and helps find resources for those in need. See the posters around the building and sign-up or see attached flier. Chugiak High School’s contact is Claire Torbensen-Armstrong, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Fun Day: Each student needs a signed permission slip and $10 to attend Senior Fun Day on the 24th. The money goes towards breakfast, lunch, and t-shirt. Turn in your permission slip and $ Tuesday the 17th, Thursday the 19th, or Monday the 23rd. All students will ride the bus to your destination.